What Really Matters

Visualizations
You Are Guided
powered by

My Blog

What Really Matters

What Really Matters

My job affords me so much gratitude.  I get paid as a nurse to give on a daily basis and what my patients give back to me is ten times more than I give.  Its hard not to be humbled when you are seeing so many people suffer.  I learn life lessons everyday.  I learn that your family is the most important thing and your career choice, whatever it may be, seems so insignificant when you are on your death bed.

I have so many stories of people who regret.  Regret not being closer to their kids. Regret not being closer to their parents, siblings, or having friends who care about them.  My heart sinks for these stories, but also grows in the knowledge that I can offer love to these people who often don't feel love.

I write this blog with a heavy heart.  I have a very special patient of mine who might complete this short life of hers tonight.  I want to remain hopeful, but given my knowledge of her illness, I know this is probably her time to pass to the other rehelm.  I have a strong faith in the after life, so I know she will be okay.  But I can't help but feel sadness for her short life of only 27 years.

In my field, its important to not get too attached, but we too are human.  I feel like this blog is more of a tribute to her life and to all of my patients who often die alone because for whatever reason, they have no family to support them.  This special patient of mine, will be surrounded by nurses who love her and have cared for her for over two years.  For that I am thankful and yet sit here on my couch, saddened that I couldn't be there for her.

If there was anything that I can truly teach the world is to be there for others.  Be there for the sad child in the school yard.  Be there for the elderly person who lost their home due to not being able to care for themselves.  Be there for teenagers being shunned by their parents.   Be there for the homeless, drug addicts, alcoholics, prostitutes.  They all have a story of neglect and sadness that led them down this road.

Be there for the Vets who witnessed catastrophe.  Be there for the refugees who are forced to leave their country, leaving all that they knew behind.  Be there for the hurricane victims, and any other catastrophe that may show its face in this world.  Be there for the lonely, the sad and the hopeless.  Just be there for anyone, everyone, and leave no one out.

As a nurse I have seen it all.  And according to the Dahlia Lama, true compassion comes from understanding suffering.  I stand in the knowing that my life is magnificent, yet my heart is open and waiting to hold someone... anyone who suffers.  We owe it to each other.  We owe it to ourselves to give love and compassion freely.  Just like the Grinch... your heart will grow "three sizes" that day.  I guarantee it.

27 Comments to What Really Matters:

Comments RSS
www.essayhelperuk.co.uk/economic-essay on Saturday, June 24, 2017 1:17 AM
Very beneficial recommendation on this particular put up! it's far the little changes a good way to make the greatest adjustments. thanks lots for sharing. i'm very impressed with the aid of the manner you share high-quality and treasured content material

Hurt Status on Thursday, November 30, 2017 2:51 AM
look through the best heart touching hurt status and broken heart cites which will touch your heart moreover.

Smith machine on Thursday, December 14, 2017 12:18 AM
The Smith Machine has been one of the greatest errors in quality preparing hardware, as I would like to think.

game killer hack on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:05 AM
Download the Latest version of the Game Killer APK from here Modify coins, gems, etc Hack online or offline Games without or no Root access and no ads.

Valentines Day 2018 on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 3:31 AM
Other World Holidays in 2018: Valentine's Day 2018 · Father's Day 2018 · Mother's Day 2018 · World Chocolate Day 2018.

ojas bharti 2018 on Thursday, January 18, 2018 10:01 PM
Ojas Government Bharti. For example, creating work sites from where hopefuls can apply for an administration work and can even get updates and notices about the same

pan card download on Sunday, January 21, 2018 10:14 PM
According to RBI rules, the substances making web based business exchanges are required to give PIN (Personal Identification Number) while executing an online exchange.

Happy Birthday in Mandarin on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 10:06 PM
We've discovered the ideal birthday tune for the music nerd in your life - it's a shrewd fugue on Cheerful Birthday.

tspsc notifications on Sunday, March 18, 2018 8:16 PM
Every one of the competitors who downloaded their lobby TSPSC TRT 2018 Hall Ticket yesterday or day before are likewise encouraged to check their concede card once the download joins are accessible.

pancardstatus1 on Monday, April 16, 2018 1:40 AM
Securities Safe Restricted) [12] and UTI Framework Innovation Administrations Constrained (

pan card status uti on Monday, April 16, 2018 11:34 PM
These distinguish the card issuing foundation that issued the card to the card holder.

TSPSC on Tuesday, April 17, 2018 4:14 AM
Discover Tspsc Results Latest News, Videos and Pictures on Tspsc Results and see most recent updates, news, data from NDTV.COM.Investigate more on Tspsc Results.

pan card download online on Thursday, April 19, 2018 3:03 AM
Because of set away regard compose cards, the association with a particular customer is simply made if the prepaid card is reloadable. Card numbers are alloted according to ISO/IEC 7812

Mothers Day Memes on Saturday, April 21, 2018 4:47 AM
check out mothers day very funny memes

happy mothers day 2018 on Sunday, May 06, 2018 12:26 AM
Nice post

pharmawiki on Tuesday, May 08, 2018 10:42 PM
PharmaWiki in Basel, audits by genuine individuals. Cry is a fun and simple approach to discover, prescribe and discuss what's awesome and not all that good in Basel and past.

Good morning Images on Wednesday, May 09, 2018 9:52 PM
Roses are one of the lovely blooms on the planet. The magnificence and possess a scent reminiscent of the roses are cherished and increased in value by everybody. In this article, we are offering to all of you the great morning with rose pictures for you

eaadhar on Saturday, May 12, 2018 5:30 AM
Find out about advances how to change or refresh Aadhaar Card points of interest by means of on the web/disconnected process effectively.

download pan card on Thursday, May 24, 2018 11:45 AM
Great dude thanks for sharing the wonderful article. Keep post another important information.

Heart game online on Saturday, June 09, 2018 3:52 AM
It is so entire for some FreeCell players that various other programming executions try likeness on account of its self-assertive number generator keeping the ultimate objective to replicate its numbered hands

cartoon hd movies on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 2:56 AM
Right now the rundown doesn't remember one discharge frame from another

RRB Secunderabad Hall Ticket on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 3:36 AM
In 1984 two more administration commissions were set up at Malda and Gorakhpur

Smt. Sushma Swaraj on Tuesday, June 12, 2018 11:00 PM
These individuals incorporate a CEO, four ex-official individuals and two low maintenance individuals.

terrarium tv apk on Tuesday, June 26, 2018 9:34 PM
Yet practically safe, and in all probability not going to cause you legitimate inconvenience.

sftwrbattl on Thursday, July 12, 2018 10:46 PM
For quite a while, those Windows 7 ISO documents were on an open, unsecured server and could be downloaded without demonstrating any confirmation of procurement. This may have been a long-running mix-up with respect to Digital River

install fm WhatsApp on Monday, July 16, 2018 5:08 AM
Try not to stress Guys, TrickFall Never Play Such Cheap Activity with their Visitors. We have included the Direct Download Link Of FM Whatsapp

color codes on Tuesday, August 14, 2018 11:42 PM