Love Is the Ultimate Healer

Visualizations
You Are Guided
powered by

My Blog

Love Is the Ultimate Healer

Love Is The Ultimate Healer

I have always asked myself why I love nursing so much when so many of my colleagues don't.  I work on a very challenging unit where we often get the sickest of the sick in the state.  In fact the large teaching hospital where I reside has been ranked in the top ten as far as complex and higher acuity patients.  Essentially we have bragging rights to say, yes, our job is hard!

On any given shift I see patients battling life threatening ailments ranging from cancer,  heart failure, Cystic Fibrosis and ALS (well known as Lou Gehrig's Disease).  They come in with drug and alcohol addiction, depression, chronic pain and chronic fatigue.  It is here that they give up hope.  It is here that they shut their eyes, beg for strong intravenous pain meds, and check out of their bodies.

It is here where all of their dignity is stripped of them by a flimsy hospital gown that often is the first to go when many of my patients become confused (I find it interesting that confused people like to be naked!). But it is here where they are real and raw.  There is no ego getting in the way.  They are in essence like infants in that they are vulnerable and at the mercy of us nurses and doctors to help keep them alive.  But I have realized the most important thing I can do for a patient is to help them know that they are loved.

Many of my patients share stories of struggle and suffering.  As I listen, offer a loving heart and a non-judgmental ear, I see their energy shift and their demeanor becomes one of receptivity.  Their pain lessons, their hope begins a new and they are able to see that maybe they are more then this illness.  Their stories of survival often inspire me and I feel so very blessed to be that one person in their life that they are willing to share some of their fears and traumas.

So, why do I love nursing so much?  It's because this is where my love for others can really make a difference.  I have been fortunate enough to be trained well and feel experienced enough to spend more of my time focusing on the soul of my patient and not as much on the technical aspect of my job (which comes to me very easy now).   I see my patients become renewed after I sit with them.  In fact just by listening I have allowed them to feel human again and not just a room number and diagnosis.

I have made it my mission to educate other nurses on the importance of love as a healer.  I know we are busy and have little time to sit and really listen.  But if we don't, who will?  In reality the doctors see's the patient for only a very small fraction of the day.  Us nurses are there 24/7.  We have an ability to connect.

Love is the true healer.  Why else do children insist that we kiss their wounds?  They know it makes them better.  Health care, in my opinion, has not caught onto the importance of this powerful emotion.  When I nurse with love, I don't feel drained or overwhelmed.  I feel energized and more love pours through me in endless amounts.  My patients do better and I know I have given them the greatest tool to help them heal.

So no matter if you are a health care worker or just even being around people, sending someone love, even energetically will help them feel better and you as well.   I do believe in miracles, but the most important ingredient to make them happen is love.  We can never give enough of that!

16 Comments to Love Is the Ultimate Healer:

Comments RSS
Facelift on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:51 AM
You are right love is a ultimate healer for anything.I am so grateful to find your particular post. I have bookmarked this website and I will keep visiting you for further such interesting posts.

Beauty Courses on Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:40 AM
When someone talks with love we feel happy because our brain is made to feel so. It can heal wounds of deep heart. Thanks for sharing this wonderful information with us.

http://www.ukessaywritingservice.com on Saturday, November 23, 2013 10:50 AM
This is very much a work in progress whenever I find out about one who is more http://www.ukessaywritingservice.com beautiful than any of these I will add her and kick out number ten Thanks for sharing the informative post:)

chinatown nyc shopping on Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:22 PM
I like the way you have selected for your deal but also want to suggest you that you should have shared some more content about it.

Bola Tangkas on Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:29 PM
After read a couple of the articles on your website these few days, and I truly like your style of blogging.

Photos of Sexy latin women on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 6:40 AM
Yes,This true that love can heal you when you are emotionally shattered and depressed. Love makes you emotionally strong.

car title loans on Sunday, January 18, 2015 11:58 PM
With degree automatic headline loan at money land I accustomed be able to pay off degree existing loan. Presently I even have lower and cheaper payments that i am able to pay it off in less time.

cash advances on Sunday, January 25, 2015 5:05 AM
The capitalist sometimes holds the written check for a stipulated term, sometimes quantity. once the term involves degree end, the capitalist debits the borrowers bank account or cashes the check. This helps to repay the loan, pay the interest and settle the lender's fee. it's a necessity to make positive you have tight funds in your account.

car title loans mobile on Sunday, February 08, 2015 12:53 PM
Virtually any have a glance at schedule distribute comprehensive year approximately, permits you significantly decrease your monetary dealings each four weeks. You’ve got access to the current quite most elementary amount month-to-month installments, or it might be chances are high that you may devote concerning any entire within the foremost basic amount have a glance at whereas you very like. Any time someone devotes enclosed, someone decrease the length of this type of home mortgage additionally to steer further from utilizing captivation sale worth. These specific issue disposal choices may be easy captivation disposal choices. For you in person, owing to this chances are high that you may mete out your house loan within the starting additionally to assist save captivation regarding the house mortgage.

cash advances on Sunday, February 15, 2015 11:15 AM
Young youngsters and May even you'll notice another master card companies you'd presumably select sensible factor regarding. By exploitation affected to make every and each acknowledging comprehensive sizzling moreover hospitable, swiftly, respectful, in conjunction with useful, the bulk folks is okay to help you get your current liability. Take into consideration around any u. s. of America ALL day money enhancements location at presently equally as all folks shall screen the merchandise for yourself.

title loans on Saturday, February 21, 2015 2:34 PM
Also keep in mind to appear at your hottest earnings stub or even proof of money flow while your driver’s change or even scrutinize ID. Solely with us sum of money, finding the greenbacks want will doubtless be a number of our main priority. several people execute a number of our much better to create your mortgage information all around quite useful, we tend to all wish you to undoubtedly typically rummage around for all people along with your fast funding desires.

speedy cash auto title loans on Sunday, March 15, 2015 12:29 AM
A minority of well-known banks and TxtLoan companies loaning short-term credit ranking score over mobile phone text messages offer virtual credit ranking score improvements for customers whose paychecks or other resources are deposited electronically into their accounts.

strony www on Tuesday, February 09, 2016 12:13 PM
The collection in the new kitchen have to be simultaneously wonderful together with thorough. but as well in terms of physical appearance : if not you live in a place

Joint Pain Treatments on Monday, June 27, 2016 2:09 AM
Merci pour votre article, il m'a beaucoup aidé. . J'ai décidé d'aller acheter des sacs à main Lancel.

dfgfgfdg on Wednesday, February 22, 2017 5:42 AM
dfgfdgdfg

Webdriver training in Indore on Monday, March 27, 2017 5:36 AM
Such a nice post... Keep sharing more like this.