Believe Yourself Into Good Health
I am a firm believer that we are completely capable with healing our bodies, no matter what the illness may be. This way of thinking is so far off from my peers though, I have recently made it my mission to educate them about this possibility. I work with amazing nurses who spend time finding out about our patients lives and what brings them happiness. Little do they realize that just by listening to their patients they are helping in their healing. Unfortunately, the doctors haven't quite caught on. But they should!
I recently came across some amazing books, written by doctors who have opened their eyes and hearts to this once to be thought of as "woo woo" therapy. In fact there is nothing "woo woo" about being happy, which studies are showing plays a large roll in our health, both in preventing illness and in healing. But believing we can heal our bodies just by believing that we can, now most would think that's too "woo woo" for them.
Let me give you an example on how powerful the mind can be when it comes to healing the body. I once had a patient who was suffering from end stage liver disease. His body was swollen as if he was inflated like a hot air balloon and his belly was the size of a full term pregnant woman. He was confused because his ammonia levels were too high (a byproduct of the liver not clearing the body of these toxins) and his pain level had reached a peak to where we could barely touch him before he screamed out in pain just from being touched.
So one night, his confusion got the best of him and I found him in the hallway, sitting at one of the nursing computer pods. Startled, I asked him what he was doing there (all the while ruling out aliens levitating him there), and he said, as he would a passing pedestrian on the street, that he just thought it would be a "good place to hang out." He was in no pain what so ever and walked like pain was never even a part of his vocabulary. In essence, he forgot he was in pain!
The mind is powerful and when used correctly, it has the ability to heal. Since the law of attraction (LOA) is one of my specialties, I decided to list some ways you too can heal, treat and recover from illnesses by using the ideas of LOA. This list can also help, and I really encourage you to use this information on a daily basis, to prevent illnesses.
Believe that you can do it!
Its important to dig deep and acknowledge our limiting beliefs that keep us sick, such as, "my parents both had cancer, so I will," Or, "everyone is getting sick, so I will too."
- Focus on what makes you happy and really connect with the positives in your life.
- Start with a gratitude journal. It will get you far!
- Happiness has been statistically proven to help prevent illness and/or disease.
- Visualize your body working perfectly, even down to the cellular level.
- By visualizing a positive health outcome we not only offer a hopeful outcome with our minds, but we relax and decrease the stress response which has been proven to decrease our immune system and allowing cancer cells to gain momentum.
- Enlist the power of spirit to help you heal.
- By releasing it to God, or whoever you believe in, it takes the worry and stress away from our bodies, which again, calms the stress response and allows the body to heal as it was meant to do.
- Also, I believe in the power of prayer. Read "Proof of Heaven" by Eben Alexander and you'll see why I think this.
- Find a physician that you trust and who will be a partner in your health care, not a dictator.
- Studies show that the relationship with ones doctor, where you are allowed to be a decision maker and not just a follower, can aid in ones survival, no matter how terminal the illness may be.
- One of the greatest things you can do for yourself, is to learn self love.
- When one loves themselves, they have the willpower to fight their illness and not succumb to it just because they lack the self love to care in the first place.
Healing from within is one of the most beautiful gifts you can give yourself. No matter what the outcome, when you connect with your true self and find internal happiness, even if the illness ends your life, at least you found true happiness on your last days. But I do believe that more and more people can be saved, if only they believed.