How To Be Happy

Visualizations
You Are Guided
powered by

My Blog

How To Be Happy

How To Be Happy Now

I've always considered myself an optimist.  I grew up with a very positive mom who taught me to see every situation in life as a great lesson, no matter how traumatic the situation.  My mom was left by my dad suddenly one day, with six kids to raise on her own.  I was a mere 18 months old and being the youngest, I could not have grasped the seriousness of the situation.  But growing up, this story of loss was always the key reason for my mom's happiness.  Now, this seems backwards... so let me explain.

I have often reflected back on my divorce, or on the suffering of my patients, or my mom's own suffering, and have found an inner strength that has come out of no where that taught all of us who have gone through heart ships that happiness comes from a place that is so much deeper than the external world.  We have been taught, as a society, that in order to be happy we need to get more things.  Bigger houses, more money, more prestigious jobs.  I can say now, happiness is not achieved through these superficial avenues.  Happiness is found in the heart.  Plain and simple.

A year after my separation... when I finally got real with my loss... I insatiably looked up books with the title "How to be happy."  I didn't care who wrote it, or how much it cost.  All I knew is that I so badly just wanted to be happy, especially since I felt so completely unhappy at the time.  I also made it a mission to live in a "No negativity zone" and placed an imaginary line between all negative people in my life.  I even went as far as to ban all media from my life since I truly believe the main purpose of the news is to bother you, and not really inform.

Just taking those few steps, I found dramatic changes in my life.  I found myself to be more joyful and happier then I have ever been.  I noticed beauty all around me, in nature, in people and especially in myself.  I made affirmations that would remind me of my greatness and I placed them strategically around my house.  I did vision boards, visualizations and meditated frequently.  I wrote gratitude lists and would frequently send praise out to the universe for all of the greatness in my life, such as being alive in the first place.

But I think the number one thing that made me happy was a true connection to spirit.  I finally found something within me that was so much greater than me.  Something that I could feel and instinctively know was there to help me be happier.  It's kind of like the feeling you get when you watch a beautiful sunset, the kind that takes you a minute to catch your breath because it is so beautiful.  Or listening to a child laugh whole heartedly.  The pure innocence of that laugh that adds a ring around your heart and helps you love everything more.

Spirit, or God, has given me a deep understanding of true, unconditional happiness.  I mean, I still have my sad days, but now I know what it feels like to be so unconditionally happy and loved that I know I will be there again.  Not a lot of people have reached this place, although we are all completely capable of this and really it is our God given right to reach this place.

It's time we throw out all that we once knew and realize that our core, our true selves, are perfect and made up of unconditional love.  This truth will set you free from all of those beliefs that we are not worthy or that we somehow missed the boat on being happy.  Just stop for a minute, reflect on the greatness in your life and give thanks.  Always give thanks.  There really is so much to be thankful for.

Now if your saying right now "How could I possibly be happy when there is so much suffering in my life and in the world?"  My advise is to be happy anyway.  Just start by taking daily small steps to allow happiness in.  Open your heart, silence your mind and let love in.  I find helping those in need is a sure way of feeling better about yourself and feeing more connected and less alone.

Perhaps that is why I love being a nurse so much.  I love nothing more than sitting with my patients and just being with them.  The rewards of helping them far exceeds any kind of rewards I could get from materialistic items.  I have had so many patients who have nothing, yet their spirit shines more than that of someone who appears to have everything.

Happiness is free.  Happiness is freeing.  Happiness allows us to be free from all suffering.  You have a choice.  Choose happiness.  You deserve it.

22 Comments to How To Be Happy:

Comments RSS
china small group tours on Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:39 PM
excellent points altogether, you simply gained a brand new reader. What would you suggest in regards to your post that you made a few days ago? Any positive?

Michele on Friday, June 07, 2013 12:21 AM
Thanks for your support and I hope you keep reading :). I plan on adding more positive post very soon!

alvario on Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:24 PM
I like what you guys are up too. Such smart work and reporting! Keep up the excellent works guys I have incorporated you guys to my blogroll. I think it'll improve the value of my site :)

Michele on Friday, June 07, 2013 1:57 AM
Thank you so much! I write what comes from my heart and just find the information flow. Thanks for your support and keep reading!

Divorce Attorney Gilbert on Friday, February 14, 2014 6:55 AM
Wow i was searching for this, thanks for sharing with us

bulk sms india on Tuesday, June 10, 2014 1:42 AM
I 'm really impressed with your writing skills and also with the design of your blog. Is this a paid theme or not change yourself? Anyway maintain the excellent quality writing, it is rare to see a great blog like this one today ..

Richard M. Olszewski on Thursday, August 21, 2014 4:07 AM
This is a great inspiring .I am pretty much pleased with your good work. You put really very helpful information. I am looking to reading your next post. !!!! I do think, to really become a good online advertiser you must have good hold on words. I think may be the most difficult thing to do being a blogger is to get significant traffic for your website with your content. I appreciate your efforts and great words. I was not able to make a single sale with my very first site.

essay editing on Sunday, September 14, 2014 10:05 AM
simply ou can certainly reinforce you possess potential plus the potential associated with the child using knowledge loans. A comprehensive range of college student as well as parent or guardian loans are generally shown beneath the sounding knowledge loans.

black magic specialist in london on Monday, September 15, 2014 3:32 AM
I like the profitable data you give in your articles. I am certain I will realize a lot of people new stuff right here! Good luck for the following.

Astrology on Monday, September 15, 2014 4:32 AM
I just love the blog post.

women watches on Tuesday, September 30, 2014 12:33 AM
Are you using CrazySense theme Ive been looking around for your blogs theme but could not find it mind telling me where I can download it please

best websites for writing papers on Wednesday, October 01, 2014 10:22 PM
The prospect of using the services of an established article writing program. It can be the support just after just about all, as their gains are multidimensional. Article marketing can be one particular in the solutions used by.

Sunil Narayen on Tuesday, October 07, 2014 4:43 AM
The school was described as below standard by the other. The so-called superior school is lead and operated by a non-HBCU affiliation while the other happened to be lead and operated by an African American staff. you can try this out for writing writing services and on time delivery.

adresy on Friday, October 10, 2014 3:01 AM
tired and even small grip, it really is unlikely hand, and for that reason a bigger risk You don't have to glimpse miles instructions merely purchase the best choice arranged using the online market place, and

bulk email solution india on Saturday, October 18, 2014 2:34 AM
I’m extremely impressed along with your way with words-at all nicely within the layout to one’s weblog. Is that this a paid subject or have you modify it your inner self? In any event. Stay increase the nice quality writing, it is always rare figure out great weblog like this one nowadays..

Best Wedding Photographer in Jaipur, on Monday, October 27, 2014 11:46 PM
It's really a nice and helpful piece of information.

Melbourne Wallpaper installers on Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:47 AM
Everyone wants to beautify her/his house with vibrant picture. There are many picture in industry. Or someone can search for developer to beautify own areas.

first aid courses on Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:00 PM
I need to inform you your blog submit is actually excellent. It is rather educational. I would like to refer to the one thing i such as the way you produce this submit concise. I truly appreciate along with keep composing!

profile on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 9:31 AM
does not need to have conflict, and also the living room instant a renovation It talks about answers including fashionable pot, the kitchen area initiation ? inauguration ? introduction or perhaps family fridge using progressed features

strony internetowe on Wednesday, March 18, 2015 6:57 AM
Canvas includes a paper place Certainly we could express that Arrangement within the cooking area must so get considered in different aspects

adresy on Saturday, September 12, 2015 8:41 PM
Meanwhile, Lounge can be described as area containing a single very important perform the job tutorial is without a doubt trapped in the outer photograph or any other, people randomly decided on image

purchase essays online on Tuesday, December 15, 2015 12:17 AM
Excellent writing help online!